Christmas is always a fun time of year and is always looked forward to. Festive sights, sounds and smells that aren’t around the rest of the year. We are now on the final 3-day countdown to Christmas and this is the perfect time to get your residents in the spirit with Christmas Activities. It is so important to give your residents the special treatment at Christmas and make them feel part of the whole Christmas experience. So, don’t fret, we have some inspiration for you and the team this Christmas…
- Get art and crafty with your residents… Why not make personalised Christmas decorations or Christmas cards? If you are having a Christmas dinner on the big day you could get the residents to make place cards or menu cards.
- Put on a festive spread and remember don’t forget those loved pigs in blankets!
- Instead of the usual afternoon relaxation time, put on a festive movie! You could always create a voting system to see what the residents want to see the most.
- Invite local carol singers or nativity groups to come and visit the residents and perform their festive playlists.
- Put together a Christmas Trivia for all your residents to take part in. This will be great for brain stimulation!
- Research Christmas games to play with the residents to get everyone interacting with each other.
From all the team at Repton Healthcare we wish you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!